On October 27, 2017, Oakwood Adventist Academy had their second annual PINK OUT day in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Did you know that Breast cancer is the second most common kind of cancer in women? About 1 in 8 women born today in the United States will get breast cancer at some point; but the good news is that most women can survive breast cancer. Have you ever heard of a mammogram? It’s the #1 treatment for breast cancer and can help find breast cancer early when it’s easier to treat.
Things to help treat and/or prevent this:
- Weight control/ healthy eating.
- Stay active/ exercise; it’s always good to be healthy.
- Donating blood will help you relieve some of the pressure out of your blood.
- Breast-feeding- it can prevent your chances of obtaining breast cancer.
- Get a yearly mammogram (men and women) to make sure nothing has changed.
Leave a Reply